Weekly Discussion Group

Points of Light, a certified Teaching Chapter of United Centers for Spiritual Living, hosts a weekly reading and discussion group. Please feel free to join us any time.
WEDNESDAYS, 5:30-7:00 pm at Ann Arbor Interfaith Center (Click for a MAP)

Next Meeting: January 6, 2010

Erin's Blog

The Journal of Erin Fry, RScP - Points of Light's Founder and Facilitator.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Up and Out















A few months ago Barnaby and I decided to start each day by identifying an intention and then sharing it with each other. It has been a fun practice and it is amazing to see how once we set our intentions, we get many opportunities to apply them throughout the day.

Usually, when I think of my intention, a word jumps out at me. Sometimes I get a picture in my mind, but generally it is a word or phrase. This morning when I asked what my intention is for today, I got an image of me standing with my arms up and out. What did this mean? Like to transmit? Or emit? I thought about it for awhile and I couldn’t find a word for the image I saw. Eventually I chose to let it be and move on with my day.

A little while later I sat down to clear my head. I made some tea and sat in a lovely chair in the elegant living room of the place where we are house sitting. Looking over a beautifully shaped sofa, I look out into the trees beyond. I sit. I set myself for Oneness and to use beginner’s mind. I keep my eyes open. Many thoughts. I continue to sit. Finally my eyes wander to inside the room. To the glass table right in front of me. To the simple bowl on the table. I recognize its shape.

There it is. Barely a bowl. More like a plate with gentle arms lifting up and out. Up and Out. Offering itself to be used, to be of service. Available to receive what is placed in it. I am grateful for the clarity. As always the timing is good. I will be working with clients later today. And even though I have no idea what they will bring me, I know what my job is.

No comments:

Post a Comment