Weekly Discussion Group

Points of Light, a certified Teaching Chapter of United Centers for Spiritual Living, hosts a weekly reading and discussion group. Please feel free to join us any time.
WEDNESDAYS, 5:30-7:00 pm at Ann Arbor Interfaith Center (Click for a MAP)

Next Meeting: January 6, 2010

Erin's Blog

The Journal of Erin Fry, RScP - Points of Light's Founder and Facilitator.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Celebrate!













I recently returned from the Celebrate Your Life conference. This was my first time attending the conference. In February, when I received the brochure in the mail, my immediate reaction was to throw it away. We had just arrived in Michigan and as far as I knew, no one had our address. “Celebrate Your Life?” I had never heard of it before and have no idea how I got on the mailing list. Frankly I was a little bothered since I have spent the last several years eradicating unwanted mail.


But somehow I resisted the urge to discard the brochure. I opened it and began reading about some of the authors who would be presenting. Michael Beckwith. He is one of my favorites. Debbie Ford, I love her work. Hmmmm. I didn’t know the other authors and the price seemed prohibitive, but something told me to hang onto the brochure. So I put it back in the mail bag and there it sat.

A couple of months passed, and eventually I picked up the bag and went through the papers. I found the brochure and this time I had a feeling it would be important for me be there. I thought about it for a while and then picked up the phone and made the financial commitment.

This conference was an amazing experience --- one that has catapulted me into greater awareness and celebration of myself and all of life. I had so many wonderful realizations, revelations and insights. I am so grateful to have received this brochure. I now believe it was one of those divine gifts and I am glad that I listened and allowed myself to accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment