Weekly Discussion Group

Points of Light, a certified Teaching Chapter of United Centers for Spiritual Living, hosts a weekly reading and discussion group. Please feel free to join us any time.
WEDNESDAYS, 5:30-7:00 pm at Ann Arbor Interfaith Center (Click for a MAP)

Next Meeting: January 6, 2010

Erin's Blog

The Journal of Erin Fry, RScP - Points of Light's Founder and Facilitator.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Trust

A few weeks ago I lead the Fear to Faith Process for some teenaged girls. One of the great things about this process is that everyone can be working on their own issue and no one else needs to know the issue being worked on --- not even the facilitator. The participants may choose to share their issue, but there is no expectation that they do so.

As I was guiding the young women through the process I decided I would take the opportunity to apply it to myself. The issue I chose to address was the anxiety I was feeling about the upcoming listing of my business in the Crazy Wisdom Community Journal. I took notes as we went along and when the process was complete the word “Trust” was my keyword.

I confess that I put my piece of paper who-knows-where and essentially forgot all about it. Until yesterday when I was doing another technique that took me to the concept of Trust around a different issue. Of course, not remembering the earlier Fear to Faith process, I thought this was new! Immediately afterward I found the paper with my notes and I was surprised to see Trust as my keyword.

It seems that whenever I am developing myself in a given area, I get the same message or reminder or lesson from many different places. No matter how many times I have experienced this, I am still amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment