Weekly Discussion Group

Points of Light, a certified Teaching Chapter of United Centers for Spiritual Living, hosts a weekly reading and discussion group. Please feel free to join us any time.
WEDNESDAYS, 5:30-7:00 pm at Ann Arbor Interfaith Center (Click for a MAP)

Next Meeting: January 6, 2010

Erin's Blog

The Journal of Erin Fry, RScP - Points of Light's Founder and Facilitator.

Friday, August 7, 2009

I AM


In setting my intention today I started with the words “I am…”

I waited for something else to follow but nothing else came so I concluded that my intention for the day was simply to be. Not to be this or that, but just to be.

The day progressed and I accomplished about one half of the tasks on my to do list. I told myself it was ok since my intention for the day was to be (not to do).

In the evening I went to the Chelsea Wellness Center where I opted for the warm pool rather than the exercise bike or the treadmill --- or the cold pool! Whenever I am in the warm pool I face the deep end so I can look out at the trees and I usually repeat an affirmation as I do my exercises.

Today rather than affirming I am this or that, I decided to just repeat the words “I am.” This had a calming affect and I ended up focusing on one tree in particular that seemed to represent my intention/affirmation for the day. It was the tallest tree I could see with the darkest and largest trunk. Silent, still and strong.

When I was done exercising I felt more grounded and connected to these qualities in myself. I am so grateful to be back in Michigan where I am always surrounded by trees.

Affirmation: I revel in my beingness.

No comments:

Post a Comment