Weekly Discussion Group

Points of Light, a certified Teaching Chapter of United Centers for Spiritual Living, hosts a weekly reading and discussion group. Please feel free to join us any time.
WEDNESDAYS, 5:30-7:00 pm at Ann Arbor Interfaith Center (Click for a MAP)

Next Meeting: January 6, 2010

Erin's Blog

The Journal of Erin Fry, RScP - Points of Light's Founder and Facilitator.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Rainy Day Possibilities

Today is a beautiful rainy day. It has been raining steadily all morning and I was relieved because it meant that we could just relax and see what the day brings as opposed to running out and working in the yard. It was like having a bonus day or a snow day where all previously scheduled activities are suspended.

I wanted to do my blog so I came downstairs to get the computer. Judy asked what I was going to write about and whether or not I was feeling inspired. She offered the idea of the day being full of possibility given that it was raining. She said she felt inspired to make crepes with her bonus time. For toppings she made fresh applesauce and blueberry sauce from the fruit she bought at the Holland Farmer’s Market. She heated a bottle of syrup and a jar of Brownwood’s Famous Cherry Butter, which is one of my all time favorites.

While we were waiting for the batter I wrote thank you notes and worked on my blog. Barnaby rested from his medical procedure and Richard was under the house working on the ventilation. We were each doing our own thing at a nice natural pace and when breakfast was ready we gathered at the table.

I started with the blueberries because of seeing the PBS broadcast of “Change Your Brain, Change Your Life.” Then I moved to the applesauce, then the cherry butter and finally to syrup for my last crepe. A perfect day so far and it is not even noon. I am grateful for how this day unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment